Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Little Visitors

Last weekend I was in our backyard with the kids when we all heard a buzzing sound. I turned around to see thousands of bees buzzing around in our front yard. They all landed in our tree and formed a hive type thing. We called animal control to see what we should do and they told us it wasn't a hive (apparently those take a long time build) but just a swarm. They promised us they would be gone within 24-48 hours and they were right! The next evening I looked out our front door and the swarm was gone! Below is a picture Brett took through a window. It's not the best--it's hard to really tell how big the swarm was. We're just so thankful our little visitors have gone to fine another home!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: